Monday, January 3, 2011

Two Hours of Sweating Never Felt So Good!

I've had something in my head for about 1 month now. Today was the day that I was going to cut back on the sweets. I ate my whole grain cereal for breakfast (with coffee, of course) and had my banana when I got to work. Then, the owners came in and one of them brought some home made cinnamon rolls. I've asked them to make these for a while, and he finally did! There was no way I could possibly turn them down. They (I had 2) were so good! By the time I remembered to take a picture, the roll was almost gone.

After work, I went to the gym. My intention was to run as long as I could, then do the exercises the doc recommended and head to spin class. Well, everything was accomplished!! My knee let me run 1.31 miles (I know it's not much, but I'm running everyday now), I worked every machine in the gym (for the legs) as prescribed and I ended up in my spin class 15 minutes early. That only meant that I got a 60 minute class instead of 45 minutes. Except, she started the class late and went over the time. So, I ended of doing a 75 minute class. I'm so happy!!

Today has been a perfect day. I'm slowing getting back to normal and back on track. Also, I just checked and looks like registration is open for my 1/2 marathon. Save the date: April 30th, I will be running my very first 1/2!!! I'm not going to register yet. Money is a little tight (from x-mas), and I want to see if I'm able to run my first 10k next month (as planned).

It doesn't make sense, the 10k is just $5 short of my 1/2 registration. They are near each other, too. Oh well. I want to do both, so I'm going to properly take care of my body and give it what it needs. I have until the 31st to register for the 10k.

What is the race you're looking most forward to this year?

7 comments:

  1. This make me want a cinnamon roll so badly!

    Right now, I'm only signed up for a half marathon in February. I might add another one in March. I have very little control over my schedule for the rest of the year, so it looks like I'll only be able to sign up for races at the last minute.

    75 minutes of spinning? I think I'd pass out! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job getting back into the swing of things! I had my first on New Years Day - and it was the race I was probably dreading the most (scared), but it turned out pretty good. I'm most looking forward to my first triathlon later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for progress! A half-marathon is just what you need mentally and physically right now for motivation. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for being back on track! Race fees make no sense at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great workout last night! You definitely burned off the cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can cut out the sweets together. :) Glad you are on track and feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bargain with myself is I can still eat sweets but I HAVE to count and track calories. I def dot think I could eliminate ALL sweets!

    ReplyDelete