Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Look Back

This morning was another laid back monring. Tomorrow starts my old routine of work, then the gym for a couple of hours. I went through my awesome running gear that I got for x-mas. So much cool stuff: reflective vest, gloves, hat, sleeves, lots of reflective stickers, arm band that hold stuff (keys, etc.), and new shoe inserts. The inserts feel pretty comfy. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Hubs was cleaning out the cabinets (including the one that holds our alcohol) and decided to make himself a drink. Santa had brought me some Absinthe. I saw some people having a shot of it when we were in Amsterdam, but it was too expensive. I'm happy Santa brought it. Click here to see how to mix it. Being mixed together, it tastes like black licorice. Yum!!

I'm still scanning old photos. I started doing this about 1 1/2 years ago. It's taking me forever. When I get tired of doing it, I stop for months and months at a time. I have 2 1/2 more boxes and all the photo albums. I still have a very long time. Here's a glimpse into my past:
Back when I worked for local zoo (I was cleaning out the badgers cage, you can see him to the left).


Here I am playing with a tropical bird.

Me and my brothers (yes, they are much older than I am).


Me and my uncle (if you look close, you can see that I'm missing my front 2 teeth). They use to call me the Little Mermaid, because I would swim all day and my parents would have to force me out of the pool.



Tomorrow, I go back to the gym. I'm stretching and popping pills accordingly (and my PT, too). I can't wait. My goal is to run as far as I can, work out my quads, and head straight for my spin class. I hope my knee lets me do everything I want. I'll let you guys know tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet photos! I used to swim a lot, too. I'm looking forward to triathlon training. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the youngest too! My bro's are 15 and 13 yrs older that me respectively. I loved having 3 dads, until the boys started coming around. They'd scare them away. Good luck with your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old pics - worth scanning in cause they're fun to look back on but I def know the "tired of it" bit. Hope the workout went well!

    ReplyDelete