Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cooking Healthy

I was able to run a 5k at the gym today! I am pretty happy with those results. I wasn't expecting much, but then this came! I had a small amount of pain in my knee, and I want to take it easy, so I can run a 10k run on Saturday (not a race), so I stopped. I continued my workout with my daily (twice a day) PT.

Tonight's dinner was something that we don't eat that much of. I made meatloaf and flat bread. I got the recipe for the flat bread from Food Network Channel. In the recipe, it included a topping, but I only made the bread part.


The meatloaf, I got from my cookbook called "Cook Yourself Thin". These girls use to had a show on Lifetime. They gear this towards women. It's a great book! They try to take everyday type of food and make it healthier.

In this recipe, I only made the actual meatloaf,

and the sauce.

Here's the outcome. It all tasted pretty good. Because the flat bread didn't have a dipping sauce, so it was a little dry. I would take a bite from the meatloaf and then the bread. It was fine that way. Next time, I will make a sauce for it.


This may look gross, but it tasted oh so good!



Dessert was about 1/2 cup of greek yogurt with some home made granola. YUM!! This is my favorite dessert right now. I've turned my hubs on to this, too.
Don't forget to answer my poll that is off to the right. Can you guess what the results are going to be?


3 comments:

  1. Anything with prosciutto has to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks yummy to me! Sadly I'm the only one in the house willing to eat meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love meatloaf!! I need to check out that cookbook!!

    ReplyDelete