Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1 Step Back Brings Me 3 Steps Forward

I had the best day today. The owners (at work) got a new shop kitten. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the little cutie. This made the day fun (more than normal). Yes, I do love my job!

The gym was even better! I didn't have much in mind as for running. When I hit the treadmill, my knee started feeling really good. Next thing I know, I have finished my 5k (my knee was starting to hurt some, so I decided to stop). I'm so happy I was finally able to finish it!! Here's what I looked like (a reenactment) when I saw how far I ran.


In case you're new to my blog. Just before turkey day, I injured my knee and haven't been able to run much without pain. This is why I was so excited. I was running 7 miles before this happened. I haven't this far since my last race.
After the run, I did my PT (even thought I don't mention it every time, I do do the PT in the am, too). My knee was starting to feel better, so I hopped back on the treadmill once again. I was able to run 1/2 mile completely pain free.
Every time I start to doubt myself, I make a come back. Every time I start to think I'm healing, I take a step back. I wish my knee will make up it's mind. I hope running more (thinking a little bit 7 days until I don't have much pain) will help. It seems better when I run in consecutive days. Let's see.
I've added a new countdown to the right. It's a count down to my 1/2 marathon. It's on April 30th (wish I will register at the end of the month). I also added another poll. Sorry I've been slacking on it. I'm curious what these results will show. Don't forget to enter my giveaway. Tomorrow is the last day.

4 comments:

  1. Major victory on the treadmill! Yay knee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you're feeling better! a workout after being off so long is always grrrrreat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I'm glad you're getting your knee strength back. Injuries=Frustration. Great job!

    ReplyDelete