Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jam & Granola Bars

Sunday is my other day off of working out right now. I've been keeping up with my PT and icing and everything, it's just time to take of the gym and running.

I got up at a decent time (8:30am) and went to the fridge . I wanted to have some toast with jam(or jelly, I'm not sure the difference) for breakfast. I noticed that we were extremely low (only enough for the 1 piece of toast), so I needed to make more. This time, we're having blackberry and cherry jam. I tasted it and it tastes so good. Here's what I made today.

I've been wanting to make some more home made granola bars. I kind of made my own recipe. I looked up a lot online and kind of combined them. I don't have exact measurements. This is what's inside them:

rolled oats, almonds, flax seed, pine nuts, barley, dried cherries, mini chocolate chips, maple syrup, honey, PB, canola oil and just little pinch of salt. I baked them at 350 for 25 minutes (just a few minutes too long). They are very crispy. They taste ok, I'm not impressed. I'll keep working on the recipe.



I made 1 container and put them in the fridge and the other container is in the freezer.
I can't wait to go for a run tomorrow. I'm not expecting to be able to run far, just excited to stretch my legs out a bit. Another busy day ahead of me, but I'm ready for it! Don't forget about my giveaway. You have until Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. I took a week off last week to rest my ITB and on sunday I ran 1 mile on the treadmill and at that point 1 miler was 1 mile! I was ecstatic! Ive never made jam before. I should look into it. Is it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade jam/jelly is the best!!

    Good for you making granola bars from scratch with your own non-recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! homemade jelly/jam! i am impressed.

    ReplyDelete