Saturday, January 8, 2011

Run, PT, Run

This morning was another bright and early morning. It actually wasn't bright outside (of course), it was pitch black outside. It was so cold (I know, I know, it's actually warm here) outside, too. I left my nice, warm bed with cuddly kittens and headed for the gym. I really, really wanted to run a 5k on the TM today. My knee wasn't going to have any part of it. I don't know if it was because I took yesterday off and I really do need to run everyday (I did do me PT, though). I think I may test this out this coming week.

I was able to run a full 2 miles. I took a 1/2 hour and did my PT, then decided that my knee was feeling a little better. I was thinking that maybe I could possibly run the rest (1.1 miles left). Nope only 1/2 mile was what my knee had left. It was done. That was fine, I had a ton of errands to run. I went to Target, the veterinary (just to pick up food), Petsmart, grocery store and the dry cleaners. I was so tired (2 hours after my workout was finished). I came home and ate a second small breakfast and relaxed with some coffee.

I only had a couple more things to do before I could fully relax for the rest of the day. I needed to prep the chicken, so I could throw it in the crock pot and we could eat some of it tonight. The spices I used this time were: basil, thyme, bay leaves, dill weed, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper. It smelled up the house all day. I was hungry all day long. I think I did pretty good with my snacks considering the house smelled like chicken all day.

The rest of the day was spent by the fire,

watching the kitties play,


and making dinner (just the last 1/2 hour). I made something I created myself. I'm not sure what I'll call it, but it was made of small shelled whole wheat pasta (cooked), chopped zucchini, pesto sauce, parm. cheese and italian bread crumbs all mixed together. I then poured it in a 8x8 glass pan and poured just a little more cheese on top and am currently baking it at 350 for 15-20 minutes. It smells so good, and I even have my veggies inside!


The buzzer is about to ding. I hope that everyone that is participating in the Disney marathon is having a great time!! Congrats to all of you!!

How many marathons have you participated in?

3 comments:

  1. I have done 5 marathons....including Disney (actually I did the Goofy Challenge, which was hell, but that is another story)

    That zucchini stuff looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I'm such a recipe girl--I envy people who are brave enough to whip up their own concoctions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! I need one of those semi-relaxing days! And your dinner looks so good... 17 marathons...

    ReplyDelete