Sunday, January 23, 2011

No Donuts for Me

As I do every Saturday morning, I got up early and ran some errands. I hit the gym afterwards, attempting my 10k. That was not possible. My knee was being too much of a butt to let me earn my only donut this month. I did manage to get 2 miles out of my knee.

When I got home, I cuddled up on the couch and caught up on some shows. This is how I spent my afternoon.


This evening, we had a dinner date with a couple of our friends. The wives were going to make dinner for the hubs. The theme was fish and chips. I made my standard chips and our friend made her fish.

As always, you batter and then fry the fish.

Opps, the picture are a little out of order. here's the fresh fish. YUM!!

Of course, beer goes with everything.


Here's what the final dinner looked like. It was so good. You couldn't taste the oil on the fish or anything. It was the best fried fish I've had in a while! Thanks Kelly!

While the guys played their games, we watched some chick flicks.


While we watched, we ate our dessert. I made my cobbler in the crock pot. Super yum! This time it was blackberry and raspberry cobbler.



We had a great night and enjoyed the great company. Thanks to Dylan and Kelly for having us over! Now, it's way past my bed time, so I'm going to hit the hay. No alarm clocks tonight! We're sleeping in. It's been way too many months since I haven't woken up to an annoying alarm clock waking me up. Can't wait to wake up naturally (or to cute, cuddly kittens).

3 comments:

  1. Um. That cobbler looks awesome. Fish and chips too, but I would pick the cobbler for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cobbler looks so YUMMY! I didnt even know you could make that in a crock pot!? Thanks for the share!!! Get better knee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you weren't able to run and earn your donut! Sounds like you had a good feast later though!

    ReplyDelete