Saturday, October 9, 2010

French Dinner & a Winner

This weekend was full of baking a new dinners. Since no one really reads posts on Saturdays, I will include the recipes and all details tomorrow. Today, I will talk about the worst run yet.

When I woke up this morning, I had a feeling, in the back of my head that today was going to be a bad run. I woke up and ate 1/4 of a power bar. I drank some water and got dressed. I drove to a new trail that I have only taken my dog on once a few years ago. So, I wasn't very familiar with this trail. I turned right too early and didn't go the way I was familiar with.

On the run, I wore my Spi Belt. I had my cell phone, a GU (just in case) and a Jamba Juice card in there. About 1 mile into my run, the belt started to giggle up and down. It was very annoying. I thought I didn't have it tight enough, so I tried tightening it, then I tried re-organizing the items inside (thinking, maybe it wasn't flat against my back), and I also tried changing it from the back to the front. Since it was more annoying on the back, I kept it on the front. Because of this, I kept hitting my bladder from the rest of the run (about 5 miles). I stopped my Garmin when I tried fixing my belt, then I forgot to start it. I ran about 1 mile with my Garmin stopped. So, I lost about 10 minutes.

Because I took a wrong turn, I wasn't familiar with how long the trail went. I found out that it ended very soon. It only went about 1 1/2 more miles. I ended running on surface streets. They were streets I've never heard of (and I live about 3 miles away). I finished my half way (out and back kind of run) and I turned around about 3 miles into the run. I almost ran into dog poop a million times and I was holding my Spi Belt. To make matters worst, about 4 1/2 miles into the run, my feet started to kill me, yet again. I ended up walking some and running very slow. The surface streets had very steep hills (which I'm not training for at this point).

The only good thing about having such a horrible run today, is that it will just better that much better tomorrow. I think I will run in a more familiar area. I like knowing where I am and what I am about to come across. I will go back to this trail (and make the correct turn), just not tomorrow. I can't wait to get up early and try this out, again.

Here is a little preview of what I've made, so far, this weekend. I'm thinking that truffles may be in the future for tomorrow.???

More Peanutella balls (a double batch).



Cinnamon Bread.
Chicken Crepes and fresh green beans.




The reason why everyone is reading this post is for the winner of the Road ID. The winner is...Paige from Two Runners and a Brown Dog. Please email me (runnersfuelathotmaildotcom)with your email address and I will send you the code for the Road ID. You have until Monday at midnight to claim the code, or I will choose another winner on Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Peanutella balls?! Fabulous!! recipe?? Congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Thanks for hosting the Road ID giveaway. I just sent my e-mail address. :)

    ...and those peanutella balls look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/4 of a PowerBar? That's not very much "fuel" for a runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a double batch? that looks like an appetizer-sized serving to me;) yum!

    ReplyDelete