Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Perfectly Fatigued

This morning when I woke up and I looked at the clock, I saw that I was running waaay too late. I rushed around the house like the crazy woman I am. The kittens were trying to attack my feet and play, but I didn't have time. I felt bad. I got my gym bag and purse in my hand and grab my keys. I look at the clock to see how fast I need to drive and I had 30 minutes until I need to be at work (it takes me 10 minutes to get there). I read the clock wrong when I got up. I was happy that I had time to eat a good breakfast and relax a little. I even played with the kittens.

Work was a normal day. All day, I was looking forward to the gym. Usually when this happens, and it's actually time to leave, I don't want to go. This time, I was still so excited. I was starting my full routine today. At the gym, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes rowing, 10 minutes on the stair stepper, 10 minutes on the leg thing I know what's it's called, 30 minutes on abs and 45 minutes on my arms.

My arms hurt so bad, it hurt to shower. It hurts to type right now. I haven't had this wonderful pain in a while (in my arms). I am perfectly fatigued! I love it. I feel like my hard work is paying off. The perfect feeling.

When I got home, I painfully showered and fixed left over chicken, rice and green beans. Nothing special. I'll have a piece of toast with PB on it for a snack tonight. Right now, I will go cuddle with my little girls. Here's Scout sleeping on the couch. Time for some relaxation.

How do you like to relax?

7 comments:

  1. Love your cute kitty! What a great workout! You put in some serious time today - very inspiring! I'm off to the gym in the early morning tomorrow, gonna try the row machine for fun after my run! I love to relax by veggin in front of the tv and catch up on all my shows on the DVR. Haven't had time to do that for 3 weeks! Hopefully this weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief to see you had a little more time than you thought, huh? I relax differently in the summer than the winter...In the summer I go out to my garden..In the winter I knit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have that problem of waking up and having extra time before work! LOL. I do love that incredible sore feeling though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite the workout! That pain/fatigue is so satisfying!

    For me, relaxation = book & bath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *love* the name Scout!!! My favorite book of all time is To Kill A Mockingbird, so I've always liked that name a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh... your blog is filled with yummy goodness! I am hungry now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have trouble relaxing! :-/
    Cute kitty-cat. :)

    ReplyDelete