Sunday, October 24, 2010

A long windy, wet run

This morning, I got up nice and early to head out for an early morning run. I actually got up before the sun had risen. I needed to wait until the sun came out, because I don't have the proper reflective gear to run in the dark. I waited until about 7:25 to run. I had plans to run to my parents house this morning and go out to bagels with my mom.

When I left the house, it was pretty gloomy and I had checked the weather to see what I was in for. There was a wind advisory and it was suppose to rain all day. When I left, it wasn't raining at the time. My knee was doing just fine. No pain, I was good to go. The wind started to pick up around mile 2 1/2. The rain started to sprinkle around mile 3. It felt nice and when I was sweaty and too hot.

This was a different run because I had to run with a light weight backpack. I needed to carry some things that wouldn't fit into my Spi Belt. About mile 3 1/2, the rain really started in. This was the first of many rainy runs. I need to train in all weather. My 1/2 is in May and it could easily be raining then. There were only a few times where I didn't have a sidewalk to run on. Drivers seemed pretty nice and went out of their way to to spray me with puddles. I never had any encounters with jackass drivers, like last week.

This runs ended up being 5.26 miles and pretty wet. Originally, I wanted to run my normal 6 1/2 miles, but because my knee had been acting up, I wanted to decrease my mileage. My knee did pretty well, overall. I have a little pain, but nothing like Thursday. I've been RICE my knee since I've been home. I will be taking tomorrow off and hopefully I can get back to my normal routine on Tuesday. I'm glad I ran when I did, because it's completely raining and horrible outside. It is miserable out there. A perfect day to have over 5 miles under my belt for the day and stay inside and be warm.

Since I've been home, I've had my chocolate chip bagel (with my mom), some coffee, a banana, an open faced PB&J sandwich and some greek yogurt with almonds. I will have left over dinner from last night, tonight.

I made chocolate chip cookies last night. I had some. They are pretty good, but nothing special. I made it from the Nestle bag. Yummy, yummy!!


Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Did anyone else have a rainy run?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love chocolate chip cookies! I ran in the rain this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rain this weekend but it looks like most of my runs this week will be wet, unless I wimp out and do a non-running workout. Cookies are always good, no matter the recipe!

    ReplyDelete