Thursday, October 14, 2010

People Come & People Go

This afternoon was pretty good at work. All the weirdos are starting to come in. I'm use to it. It happens every once in awhile. The funny thing is that they come in at once. We're starting to run out of food at home (I'm too lazy to go to the store, I'll go Saturday). For my snacks today,
I had a handful of grapes and an Attune chocolate bar. It was so good. It wasn't thinking much of it, but it was actually very good. Afterwards, I was extremely full. I don't know if it was the bar, or I was going to be full anyways. I loved that the bar only had 80 calories and I got my chocolate fix! I found it at my local Safeway in the yogurt section.


Today was a running only day at the gym. It was a long run day. I had 6 1/2 miles on my schedule. I got on the treadmill (too hot outside, it was 92 outside), and I wasn't really into it. I decided I was going to space out and listen to Judge Judy. Next thing I know, I've run 5 1/2 miles. So many people came and went. The treadmills were completely filled when I got on and about 30 minutes into the run, they were almost empty. I needed up running 6 1/2 miles in 70:26. I rock! If I'm able to keep my pace during my 1/2 marathon, I will be able to finish under 2 1/2 hours! So far, I've ran 1/4 of a marathon. Does that count for anything??

When I got home, I was starving. I knew my dinner was going to take about 1 hour to bake. I was making Baked Parmesan Chicken Legs, mashed potatoes and green beans (can you tell I love green beans, I eat them all the time).

Here's the chicken all ready in the oven and starting to bake. Only 55 minutes until I can inhale them.

Fresh out of the oven...


Mashed potatoes...yummy (my favorite).

Everything all plated. Such a good dinner!!


I have my compression socks on and now it's time to relax and try to catch up on the dvr. Tomorrow, is going to be a short day at work. I have a dentist appointment that is going to take 4 hours. Hopefully it only takes 4 hours. I hate the dentist! My hubby is so sweet, he's going to take me to work, pick me up and wait for me at the dentist, take me home and take care of me the rest of the day. I don't think I'll be in too much pain. Saturday, I have an Oktoberfest 5K in Davis. So, I hope I'll be able to compete, and not just run (runners know the difference).
Wish me luck tomorrow!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your workout! I love how running can do that...you just get in the zone and before you know it you have run 6 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! That chicken looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the dentist. Interesting that the chocolate was in the yogurt section.

    ReplyDelete