Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I feel like a Turkey

My hubby has a new job and he now works days, as I do. So, I get up with him (to spend more time together). I got up at 6am and cleaned the kitchen and ate breakfast with hubby. It was nice to have him home while we're both awake. Work was normal and nothing special.

I went to the gym and worked hard. I only ran 3 1/2 miles, though. I wanted more, but my legs were wiped out from yesterdays stair master. I got to my spin class early and started without the class. I ended up spinning for 65 minutes today. It was pretty tough.

When I got home, I showered and put on my compression socks. While I ate left overs (from yesterday), I iced my thighs. I really want some long compression shorts. I think those would really help my thighs heal faster.

For dessert, I made homemade peanut butter cups. I love these. They are so easy to make and they taste just like it! If you like PB cups, this is the recipe. I made these last night and let them set. They were so good, I took some to work. My co-workers loved them! They each wanted to eat them all. They didn't want to share with each other. I don't blame them!


First and second layer finished!


Close up.

Last layer ready to be put in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Details...so yummy!!



I love baking and cooking so much, I feel like I'm trying to fatten myself (and hubby) up for turkey day, like we're turkeys. I'm not gaining anything I can't handle (just 1-2 lbs over 4 months). So, it's not that bad. I'm going to eat some yummy's and relax while catching up on the dvr with the hubby! I love having him home at night. We're finally on the same schedule.

4 comments:

  1. being on the same schedule makes the biggest difference! i am on my way to enjoy some crunch and munch while catching up on our dvr shows! wish i had one of those pb cups. yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really REALLY need to stop reading your blog late at night. I'm hungry again! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so happy that you guys have the same schedule! And the PB cups look amazing! I love all the recipes you post, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news that hubby is going to be working similar hours to you now. It will be nice to spend more time together.

    The PB cups look awesome!

    ReplyDelete