Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mini Meatball Sandwiches

Today was more normal than it has been. I ate normally and everything. I went to the gym and did 25 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on my abs. Then, I went grocery shopping. That almost took longer than my workout. Crazy people always trying to shop when I want to. Not fair. I think everything should be closed to everyone, except me. It would make things go so much faster.

When I got home, I unloaded to groceries and started dinner. I made mini meatball sandwiches that I saw on a great blog that I read. I love this blog. She is such a great cook! I did change just a couple of things. I used ground turkey and added chives, oregano, and basil to the meat. I used shallots instead of onions.

I love all the fresh green herbs I used!

Simmer away while I take a shower.


I also used Parmesan cheese instead. I also used potato bread (my favorite).


I applied the top to the sandwich and ate all the yummy-ness. This was so good. I ate a couple of these with some green beans. I think green beans are one of my favorite veggies to eat. So good!!
On the Road ID poll, it looks like 57% of you guys already have one of these great tools. I can't believe that I just got one. I feel so lucky they contacted me and that I can get one lucky person a Road ID. Don't forget to comment in order to try for the great giveaway!
I have a new, fun poll. I can't wait to see these answers!
What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day weekend?


6 comments:

  1. A fun run with with friends! And then maybe a little post-run dance party complete with rain boots and puddle jumping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like potato bread for hot dogs. Rainy days mean mud runs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love making my meatballs with ground turkey. . . also they are great when you put them in the oven and when they are almost done put a dollop of sauce on each of them with a little fresh parmesan and parsley and let them bake for about 10 more minutes! buon appetito!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always too lazy to make my own - I end up buying pre-made turkey ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to put this on next weeks menu. I am craving them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be a perfect dinner at home. They all love meatballs. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete