Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trying to Relax

I have been relaxing and staying off my foot as much as possible. But, of course, because I can't run, that's all I want to do.

The way things are going, I may be able to continue with running on Monday. I've been icing and elevating and taking anti inflammatory meds like my life depends on it. The mornings use to be the worst, but they aren't so bad anymore. At work, when I would sit at my desk for several hours without getting up, and try to walk around, it would hurt so badly and I had no problems to day.

This weekend is full of excitement and it all starts tomorrow, so I better get relaxing before work.

I've read that a lot of people are having the same problem (or similar) as mine. How has everyone been doing with their healing?

3 comments:

  1. Forced rest is the worst - I can never enjoy it!!

    Glad things are coming along. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heel pain is just about gone. I am truly thinking it was some kind of deep bruise in my heel that just got worse b/c my calves/soleus/IT bands are so tight. I am still taping my heel area just in case.
    We are doing hill repeats/stairs so tonight will be a good test of if I am healed. (fingers crossed)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I read about your foot pain, I immediately thought of plantars. I'm super excited to hear that it's getting better though. You might of at least caught it early and kept it from getting bad. If it's not plantars, then at least you're starting to feel better.

    My foot keeps transforming - top of the foot pain to toe joints looking bruised, to feeling perfectly fine, to desperately needing elevation. I need a week of with bed rest, but I'm not gonna' get it with a job that has me on my feet all day.

    We'll both get through it. I certainly hear ya' on wanting to get out and run!!

    ReplyDelete