Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Enjoying My Time

Since I'm taking some time off to heal my foot (which is doing so much better), I am trying to enjoy my time that have now have "extra". When I got home last night, I started to prep dinner. I made hamburgers (yes, finally with real cow) and had left over salad from the Russian dinner.

I'm getting use to the salad now. It's not too bad. I just relaxed (while icing and elevating my foot) all night. Wow, did it feel good! It's weird, because last night, even if I could, I wouldn't have worked out. It was a rest night. But this morning, was a mandatory rest morning. It felt so good to sleep in (until 6).

I'm doing all I can to rest up (staying off my feet as much as possible included) because I want to be back to the normal routine by Monday. I have 10 1/2 miles on schedule (trading my long run day to hang out with a friend on Saturday).

When you take mandatory rest days (or mornings), how do you relax?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the down time to heal up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going through the same exact thing! After a speed workout last Tuesday, I felt some heel pain. This has continued on throughout the week. Archilis Tendon problem seems to be it, along with some plantar. I have been swimming and biking to try to keep off of it, icing like crazy, and streches. I also got a new pair of shoes with better heels and arches. I am going to give it another week before I start running again, I am terrified that I might pull something seriously. Good luck girl!!

    ReplyDelete