Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's All About the Legs

Last night's workout was a killer. I ran 4 easy miles on the tm and headed straight to the spin room. The entire 45 minutes was a huge workout (as it usually is). He had us doing 3 huge hills and 3 huge interval sets. This is also known as a reverse brick (when you run, then bike). I love these better than the normal brick. Those tire my legs too much, but I have to get use to the idea (some time in my life a tri is there).

I always leave the gym with a huge smile on my face. I never regret a workout.

When I was running there was a slight ache in my heel. It went away about 1/2 mile into the run. I cam home and iced and took some nsaids. I didn't want to push it this morning with some sprints when I have a long run Saturday. I have 11 miles on the schedule and my heel will be in perfect shape if I keep icing and taking the nsaids.

It's been super busy at work. When it gets busy at work, I get more and more tired. My job in mental and physical. Right now, it's a lot of physical. So, it's kind of like I'm working out while I'm at work, too.

Do you ever regret a workout? Have you ever done a reverse brick before? Do you prefer a brick or a kcirb?


3 comments:

  1. Great workout!

    I've been incorporating bricks since I have some tris coming up - they sure do a number on the legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never actually regret a workout, I just LEARN from them! I have actually never done a brick workout, but it sounds intense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've ever heard of a brick work out.

    ReplyDelete