Thursday, August 19, 2010

Time to Clean Out the Freezer

Today was a busy and crazy day at work. I was very good with my "diet" (really just food intake, I'm not on an actual diet). I had my normal cereal, my banana and apple and my sandwich all from yesterday. Everything was so yummy. I finished my other half of my bar from yesterday. It was pretty good.

I ran a VERY good 4 1/2 miles today (49:38). Judge Judy must have been so interesting. I didn't take my eyes off the TV until I was just about 3 miles into my run. Why not keep going (which I would have finished anyways). I really want to up my miles on Thursdays to 4 1/2 miles, not just 4 1/4 miles. Every little bit helps. I can't wait until it's cool enough to run outside after work! I'm ready for fall.

The guys at Inperspire were kind enough to send me a towel (of my choice) to try out. I choose the "be vibrant" towel. They have pretty cool towels. They really wipe the sweat off of you really well. Believe me, I sweat A LOT!! Awesome towels. I love their little saying they have on each towel.

When I got home, I still had some energy, so I cleaned up the house a little. I decided that I wanted to prep some chicken, so I can have it in a salad tomorrow. I was sent 3 different spices from Homemade Dressings. You can use these dried spices as either homemade salad dressing, rubs, vinaigrette, or marinades. There are so many options with these, it's great! I had a choice between, Italian, Napa or French Garden. Since this chicken will be used in salads, and pasta, I thought I would use the Italian. The smell was incredible. I made my own marinade, according to the directions on the back.


I mixed the dried herbs, with wine vinegar and let it sit for about 20 minutes. I was doing the dishes and could smell everything, and it made me so hungry. After 20 minutes, I baked the chicken in the oven for about 30 minutes. The entire house smelt of all this herb goodness.

I'm letting it cool, completely. Then, I will cut it up into pieces, and store in an air tight container. I can't wait for tomorrows dinner! Look at all those spices...

Tonight's dinner was used to clean out my freezer. I've had corn dogs in there for waaay too long. I honestly can't remember when I bought them. I don't want to waste any food, so I baked them up. I drank a 1/2 bottle of the blueberry pomegranate Purity juice. This has a lot less sugar than the strawberry flavor I tried the other night. A lot more mild! So much better!


It's time to cut up the chicken and make my lunch for tomorrow. Good night everyone!!
P.S. Adam: Thanks for bit of info of what you thought the salsa looked like. I don't think I ever want to eat it again (which means less bad food) :)



2 comments:

  1. Good for you for doing a little freezer-cleaning. We are so bad about buying things on sale and then letting them sit in the freezer for months.
    Sounds like the running is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great running ... we called the corn dogs we got at the fair rats on a stick ... these look like mice. Chicken looks good though.

    Great running to Judge Judy ... that show would encourage me to run faster and punch the TV set. Great call!

    ReplyDelete