Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back to Basics

This morning, I got up about 8am, not too early. I ate a banana and took care of Roxy girl (our dog). After I got dressed and ready, I headed outside for a nice early morning run. I wasn't in a hurry, I wanted to run nice and easy. I didn't have a time set, or anything. I did wear my Garmin, just to keep track of my easy pace. I was able to run on the newly paved sidewalk down the street from my place. It was much better than the uneven black street. A lot cooler, too. I ended up running 2.19 miles in 23:56. Not bad. It wasn't my worst, so I'm happy, even though I wasn't expecting much.

When I got home, I sat on the balcony and enjoyed some banana crunch muffins and a cup of coffee, while I went through some recipes to see what I was going to be making this week. I was so happy that my kitty and doggy decided to come out and enjoy the cool air. It was a great, relaxing morning.


This afternoon, I had lunch about noon, which is pretty early for me. I wasn't in the mood for a snack, I just wanted some food. I had 1/2 of PB&J sandwich. A few hours later, I got hungry again and decided to make another 1/2 PB&J sandwich. They were pretty yummy!!

I wasn't too much in a snacky mood today, which is always a good thing. I had left over dinner of an open faced veggie hamburger with some potato salad. I guzzled that down with some juice.

As I was on the computer for over 6 hours today (that's a lot on my day off), I started to get hungry. I knew I wanted something that had chocolate. The best thing to eat was a Vita Brownie. When I opened the package, all I could smell was the deep chocolate goodness. It brought a huge smile to my face. I can't believe that something that smells so good and that is so moist and chocolate can be healthy. It has so many vitamins it them. It was the prefect size, just what I needed to end my prefect night!


Whenever I make brownies, I burn the corners. Every time! I think it's my oven, because I didn't use to burn them. The inside will still be gooey and the corners will be burnt. The great thing about the Vita Brownies...no burnt corners!

Do you have something that you can NEVER get right?

What workout did you do today?

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love nice, easy runs like that! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to look into these vita brownies! Healthy and tasty chocolate!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those Vita brownies are especially good after you nuke them in the microwave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going into a run with "ok" expectations is the way to run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh number one.. That brownine looks to good right now I need to find em! Does Whole Foods have em?

    I emailed Alo today your prize should be in the mail way soon! (and they are based outta LA to so woo-hoo!)

    ReplyDelete