Friday, August 6, 2010

Foodie Friday

Today was a great day! I enjoyed every minute of it! It all started out normal, it was just a normal day, but I was excited for Friday. I had my normal breakfast. When I got to work, my co-worker had brought in home made salsa. It was made with tomatoes from my bosses garden. It was so fresh and it tasted great. It had the perfect amount of spice. Not too hot, not too mild. Look at all the yummy colors and flavors.

I was able to control myself, and I didn't eat the entire bowl. I still had my normal lunch. I was able to get off of work early, and enjoy more of my Friday with my hubby.

We were both pretty hungry when he got home. I started making dinner. Tonight's dinner was Corn, avocado and tomato salad with Patatas Bravas and a green salad with this great new salad dressing. It was a pretty healthy dinner.

Here's everything mixed together and ready to go in the oven for the Patatas Bravas. So easy to make. Such a great summer dish.

Here's the vinaigrette for the corn salad. Another easy part of the dinner.

Here's the Annie's Naturals salad dressing. It was so good, and you didn't even need to put a lot on. I usually pile the salad dressing on, but a little goes a long ways with this brand.


The corn salad all tossed together. Nice, cool summer dish. Very easy to make.



Here are the stats on the tasty salad dressing. I can't get over how flavorful this dressing was. I've never had better ranch dressing before. This is my new brand!

The salad included: mixed greens, sliced black olives, avocado (which wasn't ripe enough), chopped tomatoes (all fresh from my bosses garden) and the delicious salad dressing.

Here's everything on my plate. Very filling, but I was missing something. I haven't had any meat (besides my sandwiches, which I don't count) since last weekend. I love meat, I usually can't go long without it, so I had to fix that.

After dinner, we each had a corn dog. I know, everything was healthy, until I mentioned the corn dog. Oh well, it hit the spot. It now feels like a full rounded meal. We were both very satisfied.
Dessert was my last home made granola bar. They were good, they just needed to hold together better. I just need more practice, oh no, I must make more (sarcasm).
Today was a complete rest day for me. I'm glad, because my legs needed to rest. They are so tired. They better wake up before tomorrow's am spin class. I love that class, it's always so high in energy and it helps wake me up. I'm always a zombie when I walk into that class and I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed walking out. Can't wait! I love working out in the mornings, when I can still sleep in. It feels great being able to workout, eat breakfast, do errands, straighten the house, all before my husband wakes up. I feel like that Army commercial.
As I mentioned in yesterdays post, I would post a picture of my messy desk. Well, here it is. There is a charcoal colored desk top under there somewhere, and I think tomorrow is the day to find it.




To answer some questions from today (yesterday's post): you can click this link and type in your address to find where you can buy Reed's Ginger Chews. It looks like Trader Joe's, whole foods and the Nugget all sell them.

Thanks for all the encouragement about the short run yesterday. It does help to know that I'm not the only out there going through this.

What did you do on Friday night?




4 comments:

  1. That salsa looks yummy!
    My desk looks about like that too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM this looks great! I love homemade salsa. And, that salad looks amazing. I love salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks so fresh and colorful! I went to the public market today and got a HUGE box of roma tomatos, so I'm spending the day roasting them for various things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for telling me where I can find reeds... I have trader Joes and whole foods!!! I'm going to make a stop this week! Keep running!!

    ReplyDelete