Thursday, July 12, 2012

Enjoying Summer

Last night, I didn't feel like going to my spin class, but I forced myself to at least run my 5k and see how I felt afterwards. I ran my speedy 5k in 30:52. I ran it inside on the treadmill, it was way too hot to be running outside (106 yesterday). I was still so tired, I decided I was done for the day. I headed home.

When I came home, I opened the container of balled up watermelon and sat on the cool dining room tile while I ate it. It was nice to cool off. We don't have ac in our house or screens on our windows (we have cats inside and a lot of bugs outside). So, it stays very hot in our house. It's nice to go outside, drink a cold beverage and enjoy the sunset. 


These are things that I love about summer. I love running in the cool mornings, the ac in the gym while I workout, sleeping in on weekends, sunsets, cold beverages and hanging out with friends. I love how much more daylight we get and hate how fast it all goes by.

What are your favorite parts of summer? How hot is it where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment