Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Run!

Yesterday, on my lunch break, I started reading Run! by Dean Karnazes. I didn't want to put it down (to go back to work). I love it! I love that he wrote most of the book while he was running (talked into a handheld recorder). That is so awesome. So, some of our thoughts (as runners) may be in this book. When we run, we think of all kinds of things. I know I always have a little conversation (or a million) in my head while I run. It's only natural. I can't wait to read more!

Last night, I was out cold by 9 pm (I actually fell asleep on the couch before that). Jason kind of made fun of me when I told him I was going to bed. Yes, being an early morning runner makes me an old lady (he's very much a late night owl).

When I got up this morning, I was ready for my 6 miles. Check! Leg weights. Check! It was a great workout. On my way home, I took note of my mileage that I am going to be running in the morning. In case you've missed it, I'm going to run to the gym tomorrow (leaving my house about 4 am), run about 7 miles on the tm and then run home to complete my 12 1/2 mile run (aka my long run for the week). I'm so busy this weekend, I won't have time to fit it in (unless I get up at 2 am on Saturday, which won't happen).

That you guys for the encouraging words. I feel very confident for tomorrow's long run!

Do you prefer your long run to take place during the week or on the weekends? Usually, I prefer the weekends, but the next few weekends are going to be crazy!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read!
    Nice job getting your run in early. I think I've done maybe one or 2 long runs on weekdays, otherwise it's the weekend for me. Just can't squeeze them in logistically on weekdays usually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to do my long runs on Fridays, unfortunately it does not always work out that way and I usually do them on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer weekends for long runs only because my job has me working afternoon/evenings, so I'm forced to be up "late" during the week. Otherwise, I wouldn't care what day it's on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great read!

    Good luck on the long run tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete