Saturday, September 24, 2011

Easy Going with a Sunrise

I woke up with the sun this morning (it let me sleep in). I quickly through on some clothes and headed out the door.

As I peaked over my first hill, there was the gorgeous sunrise. The sky was light pink and blue and the mountains were just illuminated. Most people ask me why I get up so early, I tell them it's moments like this (and I want to get my run done early and beat the heat). I had the most beautiful run. It was on my old school route, so it was only about 3 miles, but so worth getting up at 6:15.

I'm off to run a ton of errands, then head over to a friends birthday party.

How's your weekend? Have an amazing runs?

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more - sunrises and sunsets are worth the required timing!

    I'm shooting for 20 miles this afternoon after coaching this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds beautiful. I love getting up for the sunrise-although it's not hard to do here because it rises after 7!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't run "into" a sunrise in too long... Im going to get on that. I ran my very first Half Marathon today =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran 4 times in the past 3 days, and it was wonderful. One of those was at 5:30 in the morning, so as I was finishing up, the sky was just starting to fill with light... It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete