Sunday, September 18, 2011

Detox

I recently was contacted by Lily of the Desert to try out some of their awesome products. A few weeks ago, Jason & I both tried the detox formula. We took it 3 times a day before each meal. The liquid itself was semi-thick and tasted like ginger (only to me, not Jason). It took a little bit to get use to the taste.

Lily of the desert uses aloe vera in their products. According to their website: "it assists in cleansing and detoxifying the body. The herbal blend supports blood purification, develops beneficial bacteria, and reduces superoxide radicals and nitric acid. This formula has been clinically proven to reduce nitrates at the circular level by 11%."


Super healthy. And, I like that it doesn't contain any sugars or starch.


Pretty good stats, too.


I'm not one to talk about my bathroom habits, so I won't go into details, but some things changed. I have finished taking the entire container and my body does feel happy and refreshed! I've never done anything like this before and it was interesting. I did learn not to take this after I've brushed my teeth...very, very bad!

My new workout schedule starts today. Since I'm going to the gym tonight, I didn't go to the gym this morning. I go to the gym in the mornings only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Only evenings are Monday and Wednesdays. Since it's the start of my taper, I thought, "why not get into the new routine?". I will still be running on Saturday mornings, just about 6 miles or so (for right now).


Are you guys getting ready for your fall marathon taper?




2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your taper and your clean colon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Hope it didn't ruin any runs... I'm guessing that it wasn't as delicious as a milkshake but manageable to take for the allotted time. Have you noticed any other differences/changes?

    ReplyDelete