Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back in Full Force

When my alarm went off this morning, I eagerly turned if off and got out of bed. I never doubted if I needed to go to the gym. I got up with a smile and got dressed and was out the door (it only takes me 10 minutes to get ready for the gym). I am back!!

I ran my sprints this morning, because I didn't do them last week, and I actually (don't tell anyone) missed them. 4 miles of sprints were the best part of my morning (so far). I proceeded to the weight area and lifted with legs, arms, and abs. My ankle has no pain, what so ever! And I feel great. Of course, I am a little tired, but after my coffee, I'll be even better.

I have plans on Saturday (basically all day). I am afraid that I won't have time to fit in my long run (12 1/2 miles) this week. I'm debating if I want to run to the gym, run about 7 miles on the tm and then run home on Thursday. The only doubt I have in my head is that it will be pitch black out (leaving about 4 am to run), my route is on my major street and majority of it doesn't have any sidewalks. Traffic isn't so bad at this time, (I counted about 30 cars there and back, while driving this morning). I do have my reflective gear, and I'll have time on Thursday to do this.


What do you guys think about my run on Thursday? Do you ever run in conditions like this?

2 comments:

  1. I've run 19 miles to work on pitch black roads without sidewalk... wear reflective gear and a light if you have one, and just be aware of traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for no pain!! I think you should be ok for Thursday as long as you're wearing the right gear and cars can see you!

    ReplyDelete