Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Getting Back to My Old Self

All week, I've been back to my old self. I'm back at the gym, and running more. No, I'm not getting up at 4 am to head to the gym. But, I have been spending a couple hours each night spending my free time trying to get as much salt in my eyes as possible. 


When I get home, this is how I spend a few minutes (about 15 or so). Laying down, with your legs up like this after a hard workout (tough on your legs) will allow all that horrible acid drain out of your legs, so they won't hurt so bad the next day!

On Monday, I was stuck running my 5k indoors, because of tornadoes touch downs (I know, in Sacramento??). After 33:54 on the dreadful treadmill, I headed over to the group exercise room for an enjoyable 60 minutes getting ripped, in my favorite class.

Last night was pretty fun, too. I climber 81 floors of stairs (1.67 miles), then stretched out in an hour long yoga class. It was just what I needed after that ripped class and especially all those stairs. I'm going to start keeping track of how many floors I cruise up and try to beat it each week.

Tonight, I have another indoor 5k (it's suppose to be pouring tonight; it is right now) followed by a 60 minute spin class. 

I better work my butt off, just in case we don't get a lot of trick or treaters, so I can enjoy my leftover Halloween candy.

How do you make it possible to workout hard the next day (stretching, putting your legs in the air, etc)? What are your Halloween plans? Are you dressing up, if so, as what?



No comments:

Post a Comment