Sunday, July 31, 2011

Russian Dinner

After I got ready yesterday, Jason and I headed out. After we dropped off his truck for an oil change, we went straight for some bagels. We do this every once in a while. We bring our own coffee (because I don't like theirs) and grab some bagels and sit outside and people watch. It was a fun morning.

Of course, I was starving all day. A few hours later, I had to have lunch. I made a new recipe for a wrap. The spread was avocado and chick peas blended together and lettuce with a vinaigrette dressing. It may sound gross, but all the flavors really went well together. On the side, I had some Tias (kettle brand) chips. The wonderful people at Kettle brand sent me some chips. This flavor was sweet baja bbq. As it says, it is sweet baja bbq. Just the right amount of sweetness. I loved it! They have so many flavors and they are all so good!


Last night was International Dinner night. This month was Russian food. I made the dessert early, so it could cool. I made Apple Charlotte Sharlotka. It was basically an apple cake. It looked so good and smelled even better, but the taste wasn't really there.


Dinner was pelmenti (kind of like a stuffed pasta), and a veggie salad (more like a macaroni salad). Once again, everything looked and smelled great, but it was so bland. On the side, we each had a mojito.



Today, Jason is having some friends over, so I'm catching up on bad horror movies and I'm suppose to swim some laps. Right now, I don't feel like it, but once they get here, that may all change.


Have you ever had Russian Food? If so, what did you like?





3 comments:

  1. I love that you have these International Dinner night! I have never had Russian food. The things you made look really tasty...it's too bad they were bland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever had any authentic Russian food. Shame it didn't live up to your expectations, taste-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to eat with you! Everything looks delicious. Now I have a burning desire to eat russian food!


    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete