Thursday, July 7, 2011

Smoothies & Shots

I am really getting into this post workout smoothie thing. I love it! What a great way to cool off after a sweatastic workout. This weeks smoothie was frozen banana, frozen mixed berries, chocolate protein powder, honey greek yogurt and V8 mixed berry juice. I love the color, too. You can tell how crazy I am about it, by my eyes.

Yesterday, I mentioned that I took an energy shot before heading to the gym. I'm still trying to catch up on sleep from this weekend. The Guayaki Organic Energy shot couldn't have worked better! I have taken many energy drinks/shots. This shot works for me!! I'm so happy I finally found something.


I was sent some samples by these nice people. They couldn't have come at a better time! Usually, when it comes to energy products, I'm not a huge fan of the taste and I crash super hard later in the day.


I had a little difficult time opening the glass bottle, but once I did, I took a smell. Not too bad! Next, was to actually try the shot. The taste was pretty good! I had the lemon flavor. It tasted a little like tea (since they are also a tea company, I wasn't surprised). Look at all the good stuff in this little thing. I love that there are only 35 calories (I am a calorie counter) and only 8g of sugar!



I was expecting to crash maybe somewhere around noon (I took it at 4am). I never once crashed. Never got sleepy. I don't know if it's because I'm finally catching up on sleep, or if it was the shot, but I had so much energy left at the end of the day, when I got home last night, I dusted the house, vacuumed, organized the kitchen and my running gear for next week, made dinner, did laundry and dishes and got stuff ready for this morning. I never once felt my heart rate go crazy or got the shakes (like most energy drinks I've tried). This shot has me sold (this is my honest opinion and they are not paying me to say any of this).


This morning, I woke up before the crack of dawn (like normal) and headed to the gym. If I haven't said it yet, but I hate taper!!!!! I did 4 miles in sprints, worked my arms and legs in the weight area and finished with a 20 minute core workout. I definitely got my sweat on and am ready to sleep in tomorrow (6am wake up call).


Have you tried any energy products that are good?

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm smoothies!

    Sounds like a good way to put a pep in your step for an AM workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smoothie sounds awesome! I have yet to try an energy drink..I'm gun shy on them! But that one sounds about as good as you can get with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love smooties too. My favorite is Shakeology Chocolate mixed w almond milk and/or PB2. If you want to sample Shakeology, send me your address. It's stocked full of protein and energy providing nutrients simply impossible to find in our supermarket!

    ReplyDelete