Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Me, Myself & Running

I am super tired. I took a little energy shot before I left for the gym this morning. I'll tell you more about tomorrow (I want to see if I crash or not). Here I am before the energy shot. I'll give you an after picture tomorrow. I do feel it.

It looks like everyone was trying to catch up on their sleep. Mickey loves my shoes. This time, he was using my running shoes as his pillow.


This morning, I ran 4 long and slow miles. My legs didn't do what my brain wanted them to do. I guess my body just didn't want to run this morning, because when I got on the stairs, I was moving. I was at level 10 (highest I've ever done) and the last 3 minutes, I sprinted (level 15 for me). I covered an even 2 miles (88 floors) in 20 minutes. That's my best, yet!


Last night, when I got home, I needed to cool down (I live so close to work, I don't drive with my ac on). It was 102 yesterday. The only thing that sounded good to eat was a cold salad. Since I already had all the fixings chopped and ready, it was a breeze to put together. I had mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, and hard boil egg in the mix. Super yummy and it hit the spot.



After I ate, I ended up falling asleep until Jason got home from work. I never take naps, so this is huge. I must had been extremely tired for me to take a nap, and not hear Jason walk through the door. The rest of the night, I took a cold shower and relaxed. I went to bed at a decent time (10) and was able to up at 4 for the gym. I can't wait for this week to be over.


Look at my countdown (off to the right), my next half is coming up so soon. And, as you can probably tell, I'm in taper mode right now. Hate it!!


How do you feel when you taper?

3 comments:

  1. Your cat is like mine in terms of loving my shoes...or my stuff in general. Is it a Siamese or Tonkinese? We have 2 Tonks that are awesome.
    I tolerate the taper...there is no other choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of the taper, but a necessary evil. I get a similar feeling as I do when I'm hurt - I just want to run that much more because I know I can't or am not supposed to.

    Good luck in your Half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even to this day (4 marathons and too many 1/2's to count) tapering feels like I'm slacking. It's so important to the whole picture though! I try to imagine the actual race day and how much I'll have ready to give b/c I trained smart! Excited for you! Lookingnfwd to the Finish!

    ReplyDelete