Monday, July 11, 2011

Relaxing & Weights

Yesterday was such a relaxing day. But, Sundays are usually a sad day, because I have to go to work on Monday. I'm always so busy on the weekends, that they go by too quickly.

I had some strawberries, from Saturday's farmers market trip. They were so juicy and sweet. I loved them! They are just perfect! Look how bright red they are.

It's finally starting to cool off in the evenings here. Which means I get to eat dinner outside, again. I love being outside as much as possible. I finished the leftovers (manicotti) last night. There actually wasn't enough for me and Jason, so we split it and had a large salad. Perfect!



Whenever we have a mixture of random ingredients, Jason gets to make dinner. So, Jason will be making dinner tonight. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.


When 8 o'clock rolled around last night and I was wide awake, I thought I was going to have trouble getting to sleep at a decent time (to get up at 4). Little did I know, I'd be falling asleep on the couch about 9:30. I am glad that happened, because I really need these last few workouts before my race on Saturday.


I can't believe it's almost here already. I have less than 5 full days before the race. I will be running a 7pm 1/2 marathon this weekend. It's suppose to be 91 that day, but I hope it keeps cooling off, like it has been. I can only hope and hydrate.


This morning, since I was able to fall asleep, I woke up at 4 and eager to hit the gym. I ran my 5k at 28:45. No too bad. I'm just having trouble getting out of the 28's. I will, though, I will. I finished my 1 1/2 hour workout with weight (legs & arms) and a mat/core workout. It was a great way to start my Monday (even though it is Monday).




How was your weekend?



2 comments:

  1. The weekends always go by way too fast! Good luck getting ready for the big race! Can't wait to see how much faster you are with all of your training.

    ReplyDelete