Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another Relaxing Day

This morning I was going to go out to run 5 miles. Our new kittens kept waking us up every hour. I was pretty much wide awake each time. By the time my alarm went off at 7:30 (only 3 hours after going to sleep), I couldn't force myself out of bed if my house was on fire. I was so tired.

So, I let myself sleep in (still getting woken up every hour) until 10:30. I got up and made our Jim's Organic Coffee . I had a cup along with a banana crunch muffin (I'll include recipes tomorrow). It was nice to relax for a few, before I had to get ready to go to my parents for a BBQ.

We weren't able to stay long (I had to take my hubby home to go to work), but we had some great food while we were there. I had some potato salad, and chicken. It was all pretty good food.

Such yummy chicken with a great sauce!

Dinner was some more good food (about 6 hours later). I opened a bag of Seeds of Change rice that they were kind enough to send me.

The rice had a lot of flavor and a great smell. It was very good and super filling. I paired the rice along with some ground turkey sausage and green beans. What a great dinner!


Dessert was a few hours later. I had vanilla ice cream with some chocolate syrup and a tablespoon of PB. What a good treat for myself.




I know I haven't been eating very well this weekend, but I will get back on track on Tuesday. I don't have anything too bad planned for food tomorrow. So, it should be kind of healthy.
Anything good foods at your BBQ's?


4 comments:

  1. Your kittens are way worse than our newborn! Hope it gets better. Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that rice looks mighty tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the foods!!!! Always seems like the US has MUCH better food choices then us here in Canada.... that seeds of change label looks great!!!

    Hubby makes a mean cajun chicken bbque..couple tbsp's of cajun spice, couple TBSP of olive oil and accouple tbsp of water, marinate a few hours and grill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I miss pictures of the new babies?
    That vanilla ice cream looks *so* white! ;)

    ReplyDelete