Thursday, December 23, 2010

Too Much in Too Little Time

I got up at about 3:45 this morning. I rushed out the door to take my dad to the airport to spend Christmas with everyone (in Seattle). Right afterwards, I headed straight for the 24 hour grocery store. By this time, it felt like I'd been up for over 12 hours. It was pretty nice, only 5 other shoppers were seen and I had to wait for the checker to come out from hiding (because she was so bored). Here's what I a picture of everything I bought. I bought everything for this week (including Saturday's dinner).


When I got home, I still had some energy from the early am coffee I took with me. I put everything away and started doing dishes and laundry. I also cleaned the house.

I ate lunch earlier than I normally do (because I got up earlier than normal). I watch some x-mas shows and relaxed some. I tried to take a nap, but some odd dreams kept waking me up. After a few hours of relaxing, I started my baking!

That I can remember, this is the first time I've decorated cookies. I made some sugar cookies (everything was from scratch). I got out my sprinkles and cookie cutters. I made some snowmen, trees and plain circles.

Next, I made my favorites (for the time being). My PB oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.


And, lastly, I made some biscotti. I made lemon almond biscotti with chocolate chips inside.


And the other half was my hubs favorite (the same, just mi nus the chocolate chips). But, these were dipped in melted chocolate.


The chocolate tastes great when melted in your coffee.



I got everything done that was on my list. I keep my list in my phone, and my phone has been going off all day long, non-stop. I love being busy, but, man am I tired. I can't wait for bed time.

After my hubs got off of work, he finished his x-mas shopping for me. All the presents are laying un-wrapped in the game room (with the door closed). He's not going to wrap until tomorrow. Which is almost worse than wrapping them. Have I mentioned that I'm a big kid during x-mas?
Until tomorrow...more baking!!
What's your favorite item to bake during the holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Can I order some PB and Oatmeal cookies?! Yum! What a productive a.m.!

    ReplyDelete