Saturday, December 18, 2010

Merry (early) Christmas to Me!!

This morning, I woke up to a kitten chewing on my knuckle. I guess Izzie really wanted me up. It was even earlier than we normally get up. My alarm hadn't even gone off, yet. I hate it when I get woken up just a few mintues before the alarm goes off.

It was storming outside. It was still pitch blackoutside, but the wind and rain had the leaves and some loose branches dancing outside. Since I was up, I got dressed and headed out. I need to go grocery shopping. So, since the store is open 24 hours, I left right away.

It was nice going shopping so early. The store is near a major mall. There was no traffic this way. After the store, I went straight to the gym (I didn't have any perishables). I got there before they opened, so I felt like a bad ass waiting for them to open (I wasn't the only one).

When I got in, I had in my mind that my knee was in perfect shape, there was nothing wrong (which I really didn't feel any pain at that time). I got on the treadmill and started running at a very comfortable pace (I didn't care a bout time, just miles). I ended up running (or very little slow jogging) for 4.25 miles (51:50). This time was only 6 minutes slower than my average 4.25 miles. I'm pretty proud of myself! I didn't just make my goal, I BEAT IT!!!

Today was x-mas package wrapping day in my house. I wrapped mine for the hubs and he wrapped his for me. I can't wait to see his face when he opens that big one in the back.




There are some hiding behind the desk off to the right.


Can you tell that I'm a bog kid when it comes to Christmas!!??

2 comments: