Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do the Humpty Hump

I went to the gym to run on the treadmill. I was really excited to see my progress. I made it another 2 miles. It seems like 2 miles is my hump that I need to get over. I am determined to set a Christmas goal for myself. My x-mas present to myself will be to run at least 3 1/2 miles.

I really hope my knee agrees. RICE is my friend. I spend lots of time getting to know him. My knee feels great! I just hurts when I make a sharp turn (walking or running) or walk down our stairs. I'm pretty sure it's my IT Band, not runners knee (as I thought before). I now know what to do and how to work it right. I love the Internet!

Here I am after tonight's run. Not sweaty, because it was only two miles. I remember a time when I thought two miles was a huge distance, now it's a piece of cake! I love tracking progress.

How long have you been running?

10 comments:

  1. I started running for ME about a year ago! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that knee behaves!! Take care of that.

    I really started running seriously in 2005 - when I decided to do a marathon. I will never forget the first time I ran over 6 miles (which was the furthest I had ever run) that year. It is such a great feeling.

    Keep up the great work, and take care of that knee. keep RICE-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you'll reach your goal!

    I've been running since May...so 7 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the knee! Have you thought of run/walking so that you can get past 2 miles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your knee cooperates for the Xmas plan!! FX!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.5 years this go-around.

    I know how your knee feels. I went through the same thing--first thought "runner's knee" then decided it was my IT band. I just kept running on it, and it finally got better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for progress, hope the knee diagnosis is correct and you're on the road to many great miles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great, keep up the recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. RICE is key!!! Love the picture, you are gorgeous. You better get that Christmas present to yourself:) have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete