Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Still Getting RIPPED

Last night, I finally made it back to the gym to finally attend one of my favorite classes...RIPPED. This is such a great class. It works so many different muscles. And, the routine changes a few weeks. There are generally things that we do every week: lunges, squats, push ups, burpees, and arm weight. But all this is made in a slightly different format every few weeks. They may be slightly different, which means that you may be working a different muscle. 

If you do the same routine every day, your body can get use to it and kind of peak. It's best to change things up every once in a while, even if it's just slightly. Maybe, instead of doing lunges, add a resistance band (those are killer). 


Anyways, my body is definitely feeling it now. Especially, since I haven't gone to the class in such a long time. I kind of get giddy when I think about this class. The instructor is awesome, I see results (even after just going 3 weeks in a row) and the time flies by. It's like I'm there for only 20 minutes and the hour long class is over!!

In case you didn't know, I'm still working on my "summer of abs". I have set up my spare bedroom to have my yoga mat, free weights and a fan. I have a 3 day weekend, and I want to see how many crunches I can do in that time. What's your guess?







No comments:

Post a Comment