Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Keep Getting Strong

Last night, right after my long run, I headed over to my parents house (they live about 5 minutes away from my gym). My brother was in town. After I said hi to everyone, I took off my shoes and smelly socks (I felt bad for everyone) and immediately put on my compressions socks. It felt so good to have these on. I love my compression socks!


My mom went and bought us a take-n-bake pizza. I don't know what was in there, but it was stuffed and a little piece of heaven. She even sent a slice home for hubs (btw, he loved it, too!).

Here's the reason my brother was in town. He was picking up his new dog (she is 5 years old and was our aunt's). She is the sweetest thing! Her name in Lacey!

Tonight, I had another 5k. I wasn't too concerned with how fast I could run it. I just wanted something to stretch my legs after yesterday's 10 1/2 miles. I ran it in 31.09. Not too bad for a relaxing, stretch run. After the nice warm up, I headed over for another sweat session in the spin room. I can't believe I lived without this class!
If you don't follow me on Twitter or Facebook (which everyone should, off the the right, you can find the links), you may not know that I have officially registered for my first 1/2 marathon. I'm so excited!
Well, I hope everyones night is going well and resting as needed.


7 comments:

  1. What cute compression socks! I like the pattern!

    Yay for your first half marathon! We will all help you through your training!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the socks!! Congrats on signing up for your first half. That rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on signing up for your first half!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks like the PERFECT meal after a long run. MMMM! Congrats on signing up for the 1/2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stuffed pizza may be the best thing ever. love the compression socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge step registering for the first race!! Lloking forward to reading aobu tyour training!

    I heart my recovery socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on registering for your first half-marathon! It's a great distance to run.

    ReplyDelete