Monday, February 28, 2011

Not Wasting a Single Second

I caved, I made brownies last night. They were good, but not special enough to post. I was watching the Food Network Channel and couldn't resist. I love baking!! I haven't baked since x-mas time. That is a really long time for me.

This is what our house looked like this weekend. It was a very lazy weekend for everyone.

Scoutie taking her millionth nap of the day (not very happy about me taking a picture with the flash).
Izzie trying to shield her eyes from the flash by hiding behind her tail.

Mickey is just use to me taking a million pictures (he's good at ignoring me).


I ran mile 4 miles for the day and I was even able to make it to spin class! I haven't gone for a week. It felt good to get back into it. The instructor kept repeating "don't waste a single second". We did so many 60 second hill drills/sprints. It was crazy. So, I haven't been wasting a single second. Every second is being put to good use, even if it's resting and watching a thousand hours of tv. This is good use because my legs need rest and this is how I rest (this is what a tv-aholic says).
I am pretty nervous for tomorrows 9 mile run. I'm not sure why. I got some really good advice on facebook and I now know that I will be trying my first GU tomorrow. I'm not sure which flavor, yet. It's so hard to choose. I think I will take it about mile 4 1/2. That will be at the half way mark. I can't wait, but I'm still nervous! What always curbs my nervous system is to read RW.
I'll let you know how my longest run to date goes tomorrow. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. As far as GU goes, I've tried Mandarin Orange and Strawberry Banana. The first was GREAT, but I was not a fan of the latter. I've also had the Hammer Gel espresso (yuck!) and raspberry (yum!).

    Good luck with your run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the 9 miles tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I can't wait to read about how you rocked your 9 mile run!!!!! I LOVE your cats!! Brownies and food network channel=amazing! I am going to have to copy your spin instructor:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the cat sleeps in the little crevice between the sofa pillows!

    ReplyDelete