Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mind Games

To me, running is all a huge mind game. While I was getting ready to head to the gym (from work), I was thinking how I really just wanted to go home and relax. I didn't need to run, I needed to rest up for my race. I just wasn't in the mood.

I ended up forcing myself to go and get on that treadmill. At first, my legs were so heavy, it felt like I was trying to run through quicksand. I couldn't do it anymore. My spin class wasn't starting for another 60 minutes, so I needed to do something. I told myself to stay and keep running until it's time to go to class. After the first 1 1/2 miles, I forgot all about my problems of my heavy legs. I was having no problem running, I even bumped up the speed.

I ended up running my 4 miles (in 42 minutes) that I wanted and enjoyed a long, sweaty spin class. It was a great time at the gym!

On the way home, I kept thinking about these sliders I was going to be making for dinner tonight (made with ground turkey) and how excited I was for them. One of my friends gave me this awesome cook book by Barefoot Contessa. I love her, and I watch her show on the Food Network all the time. I got the recipe from her book and I had everything at home for the sliders.
After I got home and showered, I found that the meat hadn't thawed. I could still feel the icicles in there. There was no way I was going to be able to make the sliders for tonight's dinner. I didn't have anything else out for dinner, so I went to the next best thing, dinner of champions...

Whole grain Cheerios and chocolate milk. I ate this while I watched Teen Mom 2. I can't believe these kids. Most of the kids act like they don't even want their babies and there are so many couples that can't get pregnant. Very sad.
I've been keeping up with my reading. I read about 100 pages a week and finish a book once a month. I now love reading. I use to be one of these people that hated reading, but I would anyways. It would take me over 2 years to finish a book (no exaggeration). I finally found great authors (Coben, Crais and Larsson) and now I can't put the books down.
On another note, when you workout, do you prefer to wear a tee or tank (it could be a technical tee)? I prefer a tank, always. I'll wear sleeves to keep warm! Don't forget to answer my poll. Not much time is left!

3 comments:

  1. My kids always tell me they'll do a Barefoot Contessa theme birthday cake for me because I love her so much!
    Always a tank for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to push yourself to keep running when you weren't in the mood - you never regret it after!

    And I love cereal for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm cheerios and chocolate milk.. That actually looks so good!! Good job making it to the gym and getting the miles in!

    ReplyDelete