Saturday, February 26, 2011

Beer Week!!

Last night was the start of Beer Week. We made our way to Mary's Pizza Shack. I've heard really good things about their pizza. The first thing we ordered was a couple pints of beer. During Beer Week, they have longer happy hours and better prices on the beer, overall.

By the time we were there, we were pretty hungry, so we got a medium pizza. The pizza was ok and the service was ok, but the beer was great! I got an Oktoberfest beer.

Here's the pizza. We got a combination.

The entire restaurant was like we were sitting outside. It was very yellow and had lots of outdoors-y stuff. It was a cute place.

I was so tired by the time we got home, we just went to sleep (we ran errands, too last night). When I got up, the first thing I wanted to know is if it snowed. Of course, no snow. It was really cold outside, but no snow. I had to scrape the frost from my windshield when I left for the gym this morning.
At the gym, I ran a feel good 6 miles. Right now, 6 miles is a great distance for me (I do run longer distances on Tuesdays). I feel the work, but it feels great! After the gym, I had a breakfast date with an old friend (I've know Jenny for 15 years).
We met up at Panera Bread. I've never been there before. Right when I walked in, there were a ton of pastries. I couldn't believe how many freshly baked pastries were laid our for display. I ordered a mocha (which was the best mocha I've ever had) and a plain bagel with plain cream cheese. It was so good to see Jenny. I'm glad she didn't mind my stinky-ness and sweaty-ness (from running).


The rest of the day, I've been relaxing and catching up on some shows. Left overs are for dinner tonight. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, beer, pizza and running. Say no more. LOL! This is my first time here. Looking forward to coming back.

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait wait wait wait. It is BEER week!? How did I miss that?

    I REALLY miss panera. They were all over the midwest, but they are not in AZ. Oh, there are places that TRY to be panera, but none come close.

    ReplyDelete