Saturday, July 17, 2010

Girls Night Out

Same thing every weekday. Nothing special, until I left work this evening. I got changed into some shorts and flip flops to enjoy a nice hot summer day listening to music with some friends. We headed to Folsom for their Concert in the Park. It was a fun night. Here's the band: AZUR. They were pretty cool, classic rock band. We heard all the good songs and watched a lot of crazy people dancing. But hey, they were having a blast.

The girls and I usually try to meet up once a month without any husbands or kids. We take turns hosting at our houses and decided to change it up a bit. We needed to go out and do something. We also take turns on what we bring. One time, I'll bring the dessert, and maybe next time I'll bring a side dish. This time I brought a side dish (pasta salad from yesterday's post). One brought sandwiches, and the other brought the dessert.

Here's my full plate of a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with provolone cheese, mayo and mustard, along with my pasta salad. I know, I don't eat mayo, but it was a special occasion. The sandwich was great! I could have eaten 4 of them (and then exploded).



I drank a soda (which I can't remember the last time I one). I had a baby size Sprite. It was perfect size. I can't finish the "normal" sized sodas, way too much for me. This way, I feel like a giant, too.

My favorite part of the day...dessert. We had angel food cake, chocolate pudding, strawberries and home made whipped cream. This was so good, I had two. Like I said, a special occasion.




A few hours after I got home (which was about 5 hours after I last ate), I was getting hungry again. I pulled out some tortilla chips and snacked on those with some bottled water. That did the trick.

Well, I have to get up early in the morning for our garage sale. I'm not looking forward to getting up at 5:45 am to sit in the hot sun and talk to strange people. I'm not saying that only strange people go to garage sales (I go to them as well), only strange people go to the garage sales where we're having it. Every time. Good night blog followers!!








No comments:

Post a Comment