Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Rest Day

When I finally was able to go to bed (about 2:30am) yesterday, my stomach was staring to ache. It felt like I had a huge rock inside and it was trying to force its way out. When I woke up this morning, to go to work, I wasn't feeling much better. I needed to go in because a co-worker had jury duty. I went in, and she was excused from jury duty, so I was able to leave early. When I got home, I changed back into my pj's and laid on the couch in the fetal position. That's what made me feel the best. It hurt to stand, or sit, up straight.

I was getting hungry around 12:30pm, since I only had a small bowl of cereal (which I forced myself to eat) this morning. Jason offered to make me some lunch, but I was afraid to eat anything (it felt like it would come back up). So, I declined. About an hour later, I took him up on his offer of making me some food. I asked for some whole wheat toast with some butter and very little jelly. It hurt to eat, but I'm glad I did.

After he left for work, I was still camped out on the couch. I was getting hungry, again (about 4pm), so I had a PB&J sandwich with a handful of tortilla chips. I could almost feel the food hit the bottom of my stomach. I think I'm getting hungry, again and will need to find some easy going food, probably some Greek yogurt.


Because I wasn't feeling well today, I didn't go to the gym. Instead of having a horrendous workout, I relaxed at home. I know my body is telling me to relax, but I feel horrible because I didn't go to the gym. Tomorrow, I'm staying at work all day and am going to do my full cardio workout. I can't wait! I hope my tummy feels better by 5pm tomorrow!
What is your comfort food when you're sick?

1 comment:

  1. No that it's healthy, but vanilla ice cream usually does the trick. I can always eat pizza, if I'm really sick it just has to be plain cheese.

    ReplyDelete