Friday, June 6, 2014

How to Jump Rope

The other night, I made this really, really good dinner. Since it's been pretty warm here (90's), I was craving a salad. I went to one of my favorite websites (Six Sisters Stuff) to see what they had. Of course, I came across something that sounded delightful! I made chicken burrito bowls. It really hit the spot. I'm really loving black beans and avocado lately!


Today, my workout included a warm up of jumping rope for 10 minutes. That killed me all by itself. I hadn't jumped rope in I don't know how many years. I had to relearn how to do it. I have no coordination. I had to get the timing right of when to jump and when to swing the rope. When I had about 30 seconds left, I finally got the hang of it. I haven't been that frustrated during a workout in a very long time!


My workout also included 10 burpees (falling in love with these again), 15 crunches and 10 laying leg raises. I repeated this 3 times and went for speed (taking a breather in between sets).  What a workout!! Talk about sweating bullets!

After my sweaty workout and I got cleaned up, I went to wake up Lars. This is how I found my little man (he's not laying of his face, his head is turned). 


He loves sleeping on his belly. For the first 2 1/2 months of his life, he would only sleep on me. Not even Jason. He slept with me for all naps and even at night. He loved sleeping on his stomach while he slept. Only way I could get him to sleep. Also, I sang "soft kitty" from the Big Bang Theory. 5 months later, he still falls asleep when I sing that song. 


When was the last time you jumped rope? 
Besides running, what's your favorite cardio workout?
How do you prefer to sleep? I prefer my belly, as well (but I can't because I'm breast feeding)



1 comment:

  1. So glad that you kept with it!! Funny how jump roping and hula hooping seem to have gotten a little harder getting older. Your little man is SOO cute!

    ReplyDelete