Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Hill Made of Apples

Yesterday morning started out with an easy 3 mile, dark run. This time I carried a flash light (not turned on until I needed it: the scary bridge). For some odd reason, I feel safer with it (instead of the mace). It was a great run, though.

After coming home and then heading back out to grocery shop, we got ready and drove up to Apple Hill. It's such a fun place to go. It was so cold (40)! I picked my apples out of a box (you can pick from trees, too, but I didn't want to). I bought my apples to make apple sauce, some apple juice (which they tried to tell me it's the same thing as cider) and the best apple pie.


They don't have parking lots here. You park in the orchards.


It was the perfect day to go. Halloween is over, so no one is searching for the perfect pumpkin. Thanksgiving is too far away to look for decor and Christmas is way to far to be searching for the perfect family tree. Don't get me wrong, it was very busy!



I'm off to go relax and try to catch up on shows and some reading. Hope everyone had a great time in NY!! I'll be watching to highlights very soon!






2 comments:

  1. I have that shirt & arm warmers, I won them in a giveaway! :)

    I love Apple Hill --- we went up there a few weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was going to be a post about the Apple Hill Harvest Run out in Camino. I didn't do it this year - but its a pretty fun 8.5 mile race with fresh apples at the end.

    ReplyDelete