Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Heart Black Beans

The other night, I made some soup. I'm really into soups right now. For me, it has to be dark and cold outside, preferably raining too. Well, when I eat dinner, lately, it's been dark outside. When it's dark, it's cold (not too much rain, yet). So, it's the perfect soup season!

I love black beans. I put them on as many things as possible. Well, I decided to combine these two things and make my first black bean soup. It turned out pretty good. It's definitely not healthy, but it tastes great (what wouldn't taste good with 10 slices of bacon in it?).

Yesterday, my gym was closed (after 4) for Halloween. I was pretty disappointed. I ended up taking a rest day (2 days in a row, wow). I woke up before my alarm this morning, eagerly got up (at 4 am) and headed out the door (of course, after I changed). I did 15 minutes on the stairs and lifted the legs.

Next week, I'm going to start to add in more running to my routine.


I've been feeling kind of blah lately, and I think it's because I haven't been running as much as I was (12 miles a week now vs. 25-30 during training). I'm not going to boost it up as much as I was during training, but it will be higher next week (maybe 15-20 miles). I am in "off season", so I can do what I want. It feels so weird and I feel like I don't know what to do with myself.


Do you feel this way when you're in "off season"?



4 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes the off season messes with our minds. Even though our bodies definitely need the off season, it takes a while for our mind to accept this "off season". Do some other sort of training and before you know it, it will be on-season again. www.dashingdiva.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely time for soup! I need to get some on the stove stat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup obsession has hit me too - its just so comforting and fun to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For whatever reason right now I am obsessed with keeping my weekly mileage above 20 miles a week for the off season. So far so good. I keep trying to like black beans but am failing. I just don't like the texture of beans.

    ReplyDelete