Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sleepy with some Side Stitches

Ever since about 1 pm yesterday, I had side stitches. I was sitting down for most of the day, so it was really odd. I pushed through it (yep, still had them until way after 5, when I left for the gym) and got in 4 miles. I was determined to run the 4 miles, because my head was filled with way too many thoughts I was about to go crazy!! But, that was all I could handle. I wasn't concentrating or enjoying the run. So, that's when I was finished with my workout.

I came home and made dinner (black bean burgers). I love these things! So easy to make!

After dinner, I got all my workout gear ready for my early morning gym time. I ended up turning off the alarm and going back to sleep. I just woke up (which is too late to go to the gym). I guess my body needed to extra rest today.

Do you listen to your body every time it tells you something?

5 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeehhhhh.... not always. I can usually tell when my body is telling me it needs a nap or simply more rest. Unless I happen to sleep longer than I expect, I don't tend to get to bed any earlier than planned.

    I'd love to be able to, I just don't have the schedule that allows it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always listen to my body when it comes to early mornings because sometimes my mind plays tricks and makes me think I'm more tired than I am... but sometimes it's best to get the extra rest!

    Yummy burgers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes listen to my body and sometimes don't. It just depends on what else is going on, if I really need to do the workout, if I can squeeze it in later, and if I've noticed feeling tired and lethargic for a while. Tuesday night I did skip my workout but I switched it with a rest day and it was only because I was being lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my body just wants to lay on the couch, I'll usually ignore it. This has never led me astray. If I have any kind of pain or discomfort though, I listen to it really cautiously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely listen if your body is in pain. Something is amiss!

    ReplyDelete