Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Being Sweaty!

I wasn't sure how to start back in running after running the 1/2 on Saturday. My body & legs are feeling pretty good. So, I went to handy Twitter and Facebook to ask my readers. I found out that I am suppose to do a reverse taper. Which, makes me happy. I get to run and be happy and sweating again!! It feels like it's been so long since I ran last (only 3 days).

So, I ran 4 miles today and works the weights on my legs. I'm also trying to figure out a new and updated training schedule, which I will start when I get back from camping. I am so happy to be running again!! I am back to my normal self. The only thing I am not really forward to is being starving 24 hours a day and falling asleep at 8pm.


Dinner was different, but good. It was small pitas, topped with shredded cheddar cheese, shredded cooked chicken, BBQ sauce and green onions. They really filled our tummies. We weren't that full right after we ate, but 1 hour later, it hurt to move. Lesson learned, don't eat too much pita.



I am sitting back, relaxing while I ice my knee and get it back to 100%. It's about 90% right now. It doesn't hurt too much. Just rnadom things will make it hurt for no reason. Earlier, I turned and it hurt my knee. My body has a mind of its own.




How do you recover?


5 comments:

  1. That food looks delicious! :)
    I haven't had my first race yet, so I don't have any experience with recovery... But my first race will be this summer when my hubby and I go to states on leave for a few weeks. It will definitely be interesting to see how my recovery goes because, on the one hand, I'm going to want to go running at all the places I would run at back home and some new places I've already scouted out, but at the same time, I'm pretty much going to want to be lazy and gorge myself on tasty american food. Hmm... maybe I'll be able to find a happy medium? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the reverse taper! Glad you are feeling pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't really heard about the reverse taper before. I guess it depends on the distance. I'll try this after my next long race as opposed to being so burned out I just take time off! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting back to being sweaty!!

    I recover by letting my body tell me what it wants to do. If I want to go run, I'll go run. If I get out on a 3 mile run and all of a sudden I want to bang out another 3, I do it. My muscles tend to recover quite well as long as I don't push myself, so recovery workouts are geared more towards the mental aspect and motivation. I'll do a lot of hiking too since I don't get to do that during normal training.

    ReplyDelete