Thursday, May 19, 2011

Full Body

The workout was good today! The only bummer thing that happened was that my legs felt like they were made of lead. They didn't want to leave the ground. I only ran 1.5 miles. I think my body is taking some time to get us to this new training schedule. I'm not only trying to make myself faster, but buffer, too. I takes a lot out of my body. I've noticed that I'm back to falling asleep by 9:30 and having trouble getting up to go to work (it's all worth it!).

After the pitiful run, I was able to successfully complete 30 minutes on the elliptical. It was more difficult than the stairs from the other day. I just think that's because this is towards the end of my training week and my body is more tired towards the end. I don't blame it. It will be awesome when I notice that it's not as tired. That will be a great day!

Once again, more weights (here's where I get buff): 20 minutes on the legs, 20 minutes on the arms and 20 minutes on the core. I will have a great bikini body very soon!

All I was craving when I got home today was a huge salad. So, that's what I made. It had spring mixed greens, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, black olives, celery and green pepper. It really hit the spot.



Since I couldn't stand the salt on me anymore, I hopped in the shower. Next on the list was to eat some PB (my favorite). I had 2/3 of a banana in the fridge that was going to be bad soon, so I split that in half and sandwiched PB inside and put some homemade granola on the sides. It was so tasty!!




This was the perfect after workout/sweat session snack I could have! It's time to catch up on some shows and then off to bed. I am so tired, it burns to hold my eyes open. I'm tired at work (the most), tired when I get to the gym and wide awake during my entire workout and looking for more ways to torture my body. When I get home and out of the shower, I'm tired again. That's just the way it goes!






What is your "perfect" snack after a hard workout?





3 comments:

  1. I love to have banana with some chocolate milk. That is usually what I'll have while I'm doing an ice bath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your body should start to adapt to the changes soon! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete