Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Rainbow Bright Vomit

It was a relaxing night at the gym last night. I used the weights section to work my legs. I usually use the stairs, but I realized that I hadn't used the weights in way too long, so I really needed to. I don't want an injury, and I've learned the hard way, that cross training is a necessity for my half marathon training. 


While I was lifting weights, I realized that everyone was in matching clothes (no that they matched each other, just that their "outfit" matched). I think I may have been the only one that wasn't matching. I looked like rainbow bright had thrown up all over me. I had on blue (3 shades) pants, pink tank, red/white jacket and purple shoes. The thing is, I don't care. I'm not one of those girls that needs to match all the time. I've been tired in the mornings, so I haven't cared what I threw in my gym bad for that night's workout. 

I don't think it matters what you wear, as long as you're trying. Except, there was a guy in my yoga class that was wearing skin tight jean (definitely jeans), a chain to hold his wallet (I guess while he's in downward dog) and a button up collard shirt. I guess he wasn't expecting to come to the gym last night. Whenever we would come in to a balancing pose, he would hop all over the room. It was pretty annoying. If you lose your balance (which happens all the time), come out of the pose and try again, slowly. 

Do you match when you workout? What's your favorite yoga pose? how often do you cross train?


1 comment:

  1. Since I work in a gym, I see a LOT of interesting workout clothes choices. You can tell who coordinates and who just picks what is clean. haha I don't care what I wear. As long as it works to get the job done without annoying me, I'm good.

    However, jeans do not work for ANY workout! I give him credit for working through it, but wow!

    My favorite poses in Yoga are anything to do with hips. I really like full lotus, but Scissor is fun!

    ReplyDelete