Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Recipe for Tired, but Loved Legs

My legs have been needing some extra love this week. I've been putting them through some stuff they haven't had to do in a while: lots of running, stairs and spin class. I love my legs!



I still have one more day of toughness to put them through. Tonight, I have my first long run of my season. I'm only running 5 1/2 miles, but I haven't ran over 4 1/2 miles in a very long time. I haven't been in any sorts of training in well over a year. Buying a house and fixing it up has taken a lot of my time.

The above picture was taken post shower. I wasn't sure if sprints, followed by a spin class was going to be a good idea. I am sore, but I'm still in the beginning stages of  training. Friday is going to be a great rest day!

I ended up running 3 miles in sprints, which was a killer. I pretended that someone was chasing me down a dark ally. It was a real motivator. I was having a horrible time getting motivated to even go to the gym. But, I made myself and I'm so happy I did! I always regret it when I don't go, but I'm always happy when I finish a workout, good or bad.

Spin class was a terrible muscle breaker. During the last 10 minutes, I got a huge stomach cramp, I just couldn't take it anymore. I ended up leaving during the cool down (a couple minutes early). When I got had home, I immediately started the shower. Come to find out, I really had to pee. Once I did, the cramp went away (sorry if it's tmi). Thinking back, I did guzzle about 30 oz of water in about 1 1/2 hours. It's amazing of what will magically stop pain.

How do you love your legs? What's your recipe for tired legs?

No comments:

Post a Comment