Thursday, July 26, 2012

My fat is Crying

A couple hours before I left for the gym, I was getting extremely restless at work. I couldn't hold still and all I wanted to do was run. I ran my 5k in 32.56. Not too shabby. It's my fastest time since I started my training (not my pr, though). I'm so proud, but not as proud as when I hit the under 30 minute mark. 

I hit up my spin class for the first time in about 3 weeks. It was a much needed class! Since I was so speedy for my 5k, I got into class early and taught myself a little somethin somethin. This time, the instructor was insane. He had us on huge hills and doing 2 minutes sprints on them with only 15 recovery between them (for 20 minutes and other difficult stuff to equal a 50 minute class). At least had a good song selection (which he usually does). 


Before I left work, I had a little snack. I tired my Honey stinger bar, I tried the chocolate and mint almond one. WOW!!! They are awesome!! They taste exactly like those little mint candies that you get at those Italian restaurants. You know the ones. It tasted exactly like it. I can't lie, I have a new obsession!



Right now, I'm cooking dinner and relaxing while the yard is getting watered and I have my calve sleeves on (which I'll talk about next week). Let me tell you, I have been getting some strange looks while I'm out front watering the yard in them. Not a lot of people run here, so I'm not sure they know what these are. They probably think I'm some crazy lady that has cold calves. 

Have you ever tried calve sleeves? What's your favorite type of compression? Have you ever had any crazy spin instructors (or are you one)?





1 comment:

  1. Sweet run!!

    I love the Honey Stinger waffles, gels and chews. We don't have the bars here yet, but I'll be on the look out for them!

    ReplyDelete