Monday, June 13, 2011

Decanting & Jack Rabbits

Since we went to the farmers market yesterday, we decided to pick up some "extra" fruit so we can start our decanting process that one of our friends brought our attention to last year. First thing is first, sterilizing the jars.

While they were sterilizing, we got the fruit and anything that was going in the jars ready for packing.


It didn't take very long and everything is ready to be stored for about 6 months. We have 4 jars, which include raspberries, peaches and strawberries mixed with sugar, gin or brandy. Yum!!



Lunch time was coming after we got done, so I fixed us a huge fruit salad to share. in the mix was raspberries, strawberries, bananas, peaches, honeydew and grapes.


On the way home from the farmers market, we needed to stop off at Target to get the mason jars and while we were there, I just happen to see a couple pairs of running shorts that just happen to be my size. I love them and they're super comfy.



Here's the other pair.



This morning, I met my friend at the gym and my new normal workout schedule. I ran a quick 5k. It was my fastest one yet...28:34!! I'm getting so fast, I'm like a little jack rabbit trying to get away from a predator. I also lifted weights with arms and legs, as well as doing a core mat workout. I was there for about 1 1/2 hours (as usual). I can't wait to go back tonight for my ripped class.

What class do you look most forward to at the gym?








1 comment:

  1. The jarred fruit looks so tasty! Nice job on the workout this morning.

    ReplyDelete